Allo USBridge board

I am having issues with my DAC dropping off as the soundcard to my Bridge when I switch inputs on the dac and its left on the other input for a while. Any ideas what I can do, its becoming infuriating and pretty unreliable when I come to it I can use it wirhout rebooting,

I have had discussions with Allo support and they asked my to change /DietPi/uEnv.txt aotg.urb_fix=1 to /DietPi/uEnv.txt aotg.urb_fix=0 but its not helped.

Whats the DAC and does it keep the USB interface alive while other inputs are selected?
(I.e. Can you play music to the DACs UsB port while its input selector, and audio out, is from another input, such as coaxial SPdIF?)

[quote=ā€œsimon_arnold, post:950, topic:27487, full:trueā€]
I am having issues with my DAC dropping off as the soundcard to my Bridge when I switch inputs on the dac and its left on the other input for a while. [/quote]

No help per se. But I can say that it does seem to be improving with the various iterations of Diet Pi. Used to happen frequently to me. Now it happens sometimes / now and then. Mine is plugged directly into on-board DAC on a Rotel pre amp (RC-1590).

The only fix for me is a restart of the USBridge.

Arcam irDac iI yes it keeps it alive as its still visible in Roon and you can play music just no signal reaches it. Not sure if itā€™s the DAC powering it down after an initial time or the Allo. I did notice in the webgui that it had no soundcard to. I have to restart both devicea to get it back to a working state. Most annoying as you never know if it will work.

I seeā€¦ I occasionally see this on my sMS-200 also, and also have seen it a couple of time on the USBridge.
I dont think i have seen it after my latest operation;
Re-imaging the standard release of DietPi on the built in eMMC.
After initial boot up i have added Roon Bridge and NetData, and also made timezone-settings, changed hostname.
It is working flawlessly now, and i have plugged different DACs in and out quite a few times after that.

Iā€™m just saying itā€™s not necessarily the USBridgeā€™s fault. Try another USB-DAC?

Thats not an option

Let me rephrase then :wink:
Have a chat with Arcam Support regarding their USB implementation? Perhaps they have some wizardry up their sleeve such as setting energy saving settings or such on the USB.

What i am saying is that it ā€œtakes two to tangoā€ā€¦ (or sometimes three or even more!)

Is this happening on the USBridge only? Did you test it with a Pi?

I guess it would be worth trying that I have one next to it running Ropieee just for the touchscreen.

Anyone else stil get the ntpd time sync issue on latest dietpi? I thought it was supposed to fixed?

If i remember correctly the NTPD issue was fixed in 6.9 or so, but the default DietPi image i installed on my Sparky was called 6.-1, and it updated itself from 6.6 believe.

I purchased a second USBBridge from a local distributor here in the U.S. I had to re-flash the EMMC and noticed the USB board was an older rev than my current USBBridge I have had for a while and I noticed some work was done to the board as well, any one have any idea on the following picture:

@allo.com @ALLO_audio_boards @rahulkc_s

Also, will not detect any USB DACā€¦

root@DietPi:~# lsusb
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101 Terminus Technology Inc. Hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Not for me on version 6.11 and it just wont sync currently 1 year and 3 hrs behind. Lol/

Yes, same time sync issue on doing dietpi-update on brand new USBridge install yesterday. 6.11 doesnā€™t appear to fix the issue. I had to end up turning off time sync to get it to complete the update. Combined with the DSD issues of the USBridge talking to my Brooklyn DAC+ - wonā€™t allow DSD Native on the Brooklyn - Iā€™m considering returning the USBridge. Wish @allo.com @ALLO_audio_boards would clean up these issues.

Itā€™s not the hardware itā€™s the os so itā€™s hard to blame Allo, but yes they bundle it so should perhaps look for a distro thatā€™s more stable.

As stated before, it takes two to tangoā€¦
My USBridge has no issues talking DSD to either the Audiobyte Black Dragon, Chord Hugo or Mojo or the Moon NĆ«o 430HADā€¦
Agreed these are all talking DoP, but if the Mytek is that particular, iā€™d be looking for solutions elsewhere than from Allo. (That said, their GUI and software could be better.)

Frustrating because I tagged Dan with a question about the sync issue with the updates and there was no response. Also his attitude of ā€œyou donā€™t have to update, nobody is forcing youā€¦ unless you want any customer serviceā€ is a bitā€¦ you know.

@Michael_Grant

Thank you for your feedback.

driver Updated with Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ DSD Native , available with below link.

Rahul,

Taking advantage of your reply here to ask a question ā€” I have Rotel RC-1590 and RA-1592 ā€”I believe the both use the same DAC. They work with a Sparky USBridge as DoP; is there any chance of a native DSD driver?

Please let me know if I can do anything to help.

Many thanks,

Scott.

Hi Scott,
Thank you for sharing the Informations.
driver updated and shared to you