Allo USBridge board

No Need to remove eMMC ( Dietpi flashed) , first boot from Micro SD card.

Just to say thank you to @rahulkc_s and the people over at Allo. I received a replacement USBridge yesterday and I can report all is working at the moment. I updated to 6.13 when promoted to (I used putty) and that all worked fine. I have left the USBridge and new DAC on all day and still working as we speak.

1 Like

Mikael, we have ignition! In spite of loads of trouble upgrading dietpi, I did burn a dietpi 6.11 allo edition directly to the sd card and boot. There I found same condition I kept experiencing, all looked great , visibility in Roon, playing music but no sound. Tried to update ntpd server but that just recreated my upgrade issues. Burned another image, this time repowered the project S2 before starting the USBridge and voila! Turns out that the S2 needed to have a cold reboot inorder for the chain to work properly. Who knew. I knew that the Dac had to be powered before the USBridge so that it was visible on boot…but not that the USBridge had to be repowed. Now I (and others) know!!!

1 Like

Plus one to thank excellent assistance from rahul and Allo to get me up and running (having made a couple of basic errors). Excellent sound, great value and great support.

All resolved, a big thank you rahul and Allo.

Hi rahul,

I updated to 6.13 and lost the WiFi device from DietPi

I had to manually re-install the rtl8812au driver again to have WiFI working

Also @rahulkc_s and @Dan_Knight

I updated to v6.13 and when I shutdown I now get this below message (never used to see this before).

I’m running the non-GUI image.

Hi Sean,

In our efforts to minimize our DietPi images, we disabled systemd-logind, if its not required by the system and installed software.

It will be enabled automatically via dietpi-software, if a software title requires it.

To shutdown/reboot the system, please use the following commands:

poweroff
reboot

These will always work, regardless of systemd-logind being enabled or not.

1 Like

Hi Sean,

Apologies, confirmed issue our end with v6.13 patch.

We have resolved for v6.14 patch:

1 Like

Thanks heaps @Dan_Knight

I was about to play around with the DSP settings in Roon and I noticed the max sampling is 96khz (it should be 384). I am not sure why. I have restarted my USbridge, the dac (mytek liberty) and the core but still reading the same. I have tried putting the device back to default. It will not play dsd either. Somethings not right.

Anyone any ideas?

Which sound card have you selected?

Hi @anon72719171 - its currently set to ‘usb-dac 1.1’.

Try selecting just usb-dac

Hi @anon72719171. I just updated to 6.14 and it seems to be working as it should now. Not quite sure why, one to keep an eye on. Thanks for your help.

I just tried usb-dac, but couldn’t see any difference, I then tried to switch back to usb-dac 1.1 and I am getting the same problem I started with e.g. stuck with 96khz being the maximum I can up sample to. hmmm. Probably should not have fiddled. I have tried turning off the core, DAC and the USbridge and turning on in the reverse order but no difference. I wonder what the problem is!?!

USB 1.1 is per definition up to 96khz sample rates. You ought to select the USB DAC choice (which is allowing higher sample rates) like Barrowboy said.
Otherwise it might be some issues with your installation…

1 Like

anybody knows if a Signature version of the Usbridge coming too?

What’s a signature version?

Thanks @Mikael_Ollars thats helpful.