Allo USBridge board

That is true. I am looking forward to getting the S0tM in my hands – and hoping that it actually works with the DAC. A real pity that the UsBridge did not.

1 Like

Yes, it works on linux-based computer. So I think it work on Dietpi, right?

1 Like

Disabled ethernet. Nothing worked so I had to reinstall dietpi. Loaded the driver and got error messages I didn’t have the first time. I’ve shared them with allo support. Waiting for the next move.

1 Like

Damn, sorry to hear that. Hopefully you’re up and running soon.

Allo is on it. Hope it works out. Otherwise I’ll use powerline adapter or buy a dongle that is compatible. Bought a LG G7 ThinQ so I at least have a great mobile roon endpoint nowadays. I can now ditch my HRT microstreamer :grinning:

It should, yes. I’ve seen that there have been one or two exceptions but Allo has adressed these swiftly.
I’d go for it! :slight_smile:

I have been having a new issue and I am not sure what causes it. My USBridge is powered by IFi wallwart into the bridge and a 5v standard wallwart into the sparky (these might have no bearing just thought I would include incase). The USBridge feeds a Mytek Liberty DAC. Anyway when changing tracks I get a sudden burst of static and then nothing. Roon is still on but no sound. After testing I can cure it be turning the DAC off and on and then rebooting the USBridge. Last night this happened after a few hours of listening but tonight it was on the third track or so. This will get tiring pretty quick.

Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks.

How many amps is the Sparky wall wart?

Hi @anon72719171, it Looks to be 5v/2.5A according to the unit.

Where you found the sotm sm200 on sale? Thanks

SOtM themselves ran the sale last week. The code was LABOR10, for a ten percent discount. It might well work even now.

1 Like

Sorry, it was Cruz Audio, their US distributor.

I have an issue similair that’s related to sample rates. It happens when Roon switches to a low-res file that it is upscaling to 24bit which is the new behaviour for all low-res file types and streams. It only occurs doing this not going the other way. Somebody else also has the same issue and support are looking in to it. Check to see if your issue is similar. It’s really annoying as i now have to upsample to the endpoint to stop it.

I just had a similar issue when I attached a second power supply - except that I would not get sound back at all. Reached out to Allo via the service site at Computer Audiophile. Here is the URL and fix that worked for me: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/54072-issue-with-usbridge-after-using-two-power-supplies/

Also.my issue and the other fellow is just with Roon using MPD it’s all fine so their is something about their upsampling and certain DACs causing the issue. Hopefully they can work out what it is.

Thanks @Tim_Paich - I would go and check but bad things have happened!! My Roon server (NUC) has died! Annoying, I am now onto Intel trying to sort out under warranty.

Just reinstall Dietpi on the USBridge using a new download image on microSD. Roon cannot see the USBridge after the installation. Even the IP address cannot be detected. I am not familiar with linux. All the installation is automated. Is there any setting I have missed ? Thanks for help !

Did you install roon bridge from the dietpi-software menu?

I have the exact same issue. Sounds plays for a few minutes via Airplay and then just stops. I got a response on @rahulkc_s @allo.com support boards that I needed to ‘downgrade’ my version of Shairport. Which seems strange to me. No explanation was given as to what is causing this in later versions of Shairport. But kind of frustrating as this doesn’t appear to be an issue with Shairport running on RaspPi boards so might be particular to the Sparky board/kernel. I will post back when I have resolution. But not wanting to chase tweaks like this just for main features like Airplay. Considering a different solution from USBridge as a result.

Downgrade Shairport to which version?