Allo USBridge Signature, Ropieee 2022.06.3, now have a clip and pop problem

I have an Allo USBridge Signature that just installed 2022.06.3 about 10 minutes ago and I now have a massive clip and pop problem. Completely unlistenable unfortunately. I wish I could revert.

a883a6623a32b764

Unfortunately it is, I am not sure what is going on, but the update crashed my bridge when received and when I installed it, I ended up with severe clicking and popping on audio playback.

The update deployed fine on both of my RPI 4 endpoints.

@Kevin_Kennedy, what DAC is connected to the Allo USBridge, and under General, do you have Audio Hat set to none, and USB Audio checked?

The DAC is a Topping D90SE that I have had connected to the Allo since November of last year.

Everything was working fine with 2022.06.2, when the update was received the Allo stopped working correctly but I could still access it via its IP address and launched the update. When it rebooted it no longer functioned correctly. I rebooted both the Allo and Roon Rock, no difference.

It would be great if there were an option to revert when things go wrong, but I do not have the binary for 2022.06.2 unfortunately.

Hi @Kevin_Kennedy ,

We can state this as ‘resolved’, right?

Thanks

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ropieee pops and clicks

Hi Harry,
Yes, I have used the beta release for two sessions now, played a variety of files in different formats. (PCM, DXD, and DSD) and the problem is resolved.

Best, Kevin

2 Likes

Cleaned up this one.
Thanks