Allowing only one post per day in MQA topic

Thanks for the explanation !!!

MQA threads are sort of like Roon Radio. After 10 or 12 posts/tracks, things get increasingly repetitive.

11 Likes

I love reading the sarcastic, abusive , intelligent,funny,insane crazy MQA posts.

I think Roon has a very thin skin,too thin for my tastes.

I really enjoy 'the blood in the water" posts and arguments.

6 Likes

You need to visit Audiogon forums for some good old fashioned fisticuffs and flame wars

4 Likes

Exactly why I told them bye bye.

3 Likes

I left a while back too.
But for those who feel the need for some bloodletting it might appeal.

1 Like

Noop. I think is a strategy for mitigate to the community…

No worries.

Roon have recently revised the Forum Guidelines and they should be read by anyone with an interest in the Forum. Mods have spoken occasionally in threads or PMs about recent discussions with Admins and the revised guidelines set out Admin intentions about the Forum in some detail.

The section about flagging recognises the capacity for flagging to cloak bad behaviour, specifically griefing others or inappropriately flagging in response to moderation.

The revised guidelines are significantly broader and probably deserve some further publication so users aren’t surprised. (Edit: They are now linked in a banner that appears until closed).

Feedback about the revised guidelines and their implementation is welcome in this category of the Forum.

2 Likes

Well, the new guidelines should include: No cable, MQA, or linear PSU discussions - no exceptions! :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Or posts of more than 10 lines for the easily distracted…

3 Likes

No burn-in, no directional cables. And no science, of course. Just to keep the balance. Peaceful Sunday! :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Edit: I had this hidden because of the race to the bottom where people are looking for things that might be offensive, a contest to see who can become the thinnest skinned if you will. I take offense to the fact that they are offended by the tiniest of things so in trying to sanitize to the cusp of mutism, they are offending more people than they are protecting.

As far as the subject of this topic, nope, not a fan of closed standards and one payee across the chain.

Signed:
A Logitech Media Server user who is not yet sold on Roon but may one day be forced to change music ecosystems.

6 Likes

Actually IMHO all threads that aren’t Support related should be banned.

Then, many people like me would abandon the forums.

I find absolutely no value to non-support related threads.

I find many reasons including entertainment, knowledge, enlightenment, and many others. But, if you find no value in non-support related threads, why are you reading this one?? It’s not support related at all! Or is your definition of support broader than mine? This isn’t meant to be confrontational in any way and I hope you didn’t take it that way, I just have a curious mind, and like understanding people better.

1 Like

I’m sensing a certain degree of irony in @Still-One’s recent posts. :wink:

i haven’t read more than a couple of his posts, so I haven’t seen that. I’ll have to take your words on it.

Sorry, I should have said his last 2 posts rather “recent posts”. It was those 2 posts to which I was referring. Obviously I might me wrong! @Still-One - please feel free to correct me. :slightly_smiling_face:

One reason I’m asking questions. These are the only two posts that I remember seeing by him, and although on the surface they do seem somewhat ironical, I don’t know his thought processes. Maybe there is a valid reason he is reading theses posts. Although I can’t see this being a support thread, maybe he somehow does. If so, I’d love to see how he sees it that way. Who knows, maybe my way of looking at it is wrong.