Almost all Tidal tracks suddenly marked as Unavailable

Roon Core Machine

Intel NUC, i3-7100U, 8GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

IPS-s modem DMZ-d into my network that consists of a TP-Link Omada ER605 v2.0 router and an EAP245(EU) v3.0 AP. NUC with the Roon core hard-wired, remotes on WiFi.

Connected Audio Devices

AudioQuest Dragonfly Black, plugged into the Core directly, connected to a pair of Dali Zensor 1 AX actives and through that a sub.

Number of Tracks in Library

A couple of thousand tracks, 90+% via Tidal.

Description of Issue

Starting this afternoon almost all of my Tidal tracks are marked as Unavailable, as you can see here:

If I hit “Play all” it will queue some 200 tracks of the multiple thousand.

Going through the Artist’s page, selecting the album shows this initially

But then the “View complete album on Tidal” button takes me to the usual page, where I can actually play the “unavailable” tracks just fine:

This makes me think Roon somehow misunderstands the connection between the saved tracks and the ones available. Which is weird as you know these library tracks are actually persisted as Tidal favorites and they play just fine through the Tidal app. (Except for a couple that genuinely broke in Tidal, too, but that’s a few percent at most).

I tried rebooting the core, logging out and back into Tidal, nothing helped. Please help, this makes the otherwise great UX of Roon suddenly way worse.

Hi, @Marcell_Toth, I checked a diagnostics report that was received from your machine. It seems like last night your Core had some connectivity issues which led to the corruption of the TIDAL token. I have 2 suggestions for your about how we can try to fix this state:

1. Restore a Roon backup if you have one
  2. In case you do not have any edits you do not want to lose. I can suggest TIDAL ogout → library clean up → TIDAL login.

Please, let me know which way is preferable to you and I will send instructions.

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi @ivan, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I don’t currently have active backups as I felt like paying 12 USD for Dropbox on top of the already not so cheap 14/mo Roon would be unreasonably much for me right now (considering I get Tidal itself for 8). I might set up local backups that I sync manually, or whatever, but anyway, no backups for now.

I did try your second solution, however, and it worked wonders. All fine now, thank you very much! I hope it was a rare occurrence, though, my internet connection is unfortunately quite unreliable, but that’s no excuse for corrupting the local data, right? I’m hopeful, though, I’ve probably had hundreds of connection drops before and before this one it was always handled relatively gracefully with some “Tidal login failed” message, hiding all my Tidal content, then resuming when the connection came back as if nothing happened.

Thanks again, and have a good day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.