Alternative RPi PSU/Power conditioner

Evening folks,

Got a bit of a strange one happening here. When i’m streaming to my RPi running ropieee, i get slight dropouts when certain switches are turned on/off around the flat. This is a bigger issue i’ll need to look into as it would imply some bunk wiring somewhere, but is there anything I can do in the meantime to help prevent this? I assume there’s either a tiny dip in voltage which is causing audio to dip, but not enough to make the RPi actually reset.

Any help would be great!

You could look into a simple battery backup device. Something like an APC.
RPI also has a ton of add on things, A quick check online for “cheap battery backup for raspberry pi” return a lot of options.

1 Like

I had a quick look at Rpi ‘hats’ but I’ve got a nice metal case for it and don’t wanna have to change that! Small battery backup may be the thing, cheers i’ll look at that.

1 Like

The dropouts might be due to whatever it is you’re feeding with the Pi, instead of the Pi itself.

1 Like

Nah, it’s 100% the pi. I can stand at a specific switch and replicate it easily. Thanks though

Might be more helpful if you gave us the full picture or what is connected to what including the CORE machine and ethernet or wifi etc all the way to the amps

1 Like