AMD 5600g NO HDMI

How do I enable multichannel HDMI using the intergated Radeon graphics of a AMD 5600g. Roon ROCK installed OK but no HDMI.

David, can you please describe your ROCK server configuration in more detail (model, etc.)? ROCK servers approved by Roon are Intel-based, so it appears that this may be an AMD platform due to the graphics system. Or is your Roon Core running on Linux on an AMD-based motherboard and system?

ROCK probably doesn’t have the necessary drivers/support for this hardware. ROCK is designed to be used with specific Intel NUC SKUs. You will probably have to start over with Ubuntu (or whatever Linux distro you prefer), then just install Roon on that.

As others say your running ROCK on unsupported platform it’s designed to run on an Intel NuC with integrated graphics so ships with only limited support for hardware included in these it tends to work fine on non NuCs if their are intel based and share same chipset for network, gfx etc. AMD is way of piste. Switch to Linux distro or windows for support of AMD.

1 Like

Roon Rock on the amd 5600g generates a superior USB dac sound in an AB test to a nucleus+. Ethernet access is via a USB port and USB to ethernet adapter. I added a cheap second hand nuc with Windows and roon Bridge to support an hdmi multi channel interface via raat.

For those interested I am using an amd 5600g, msi b550m mortar mobo, 16 gb ram, nvme m.2 256gb, jcat xe USB, 8tb Samsung ssd, streacom fc5 case, 160w streacom nano, and 300w 12v lpsu. The lpsu also feeds the jcat card via a 12v to 5v adapter. Ive disabled cpu multi core and set 65watt eco mode.

Rock now supports the amd motherboard 2.5g nic and uefi bios setting.