An internet station won't play, others do

I have the latest version of Roon running on my 2015 MacPro. I have had one station that I play through roon which worked fine up until a few days ago. For some reason it no longer plays. Here’s the odd thing: I can add other Internet stations, they play fine. The station I listen to also plays fine through Sonos in another zone. But it doesn’t work in my office zone, where I play directly through the Roon app. The URL is https://tunein.com/radio/WTJU-911-s23153/
which seems to work fine everywhere else.

Any thoughts?

Should also have noted this doesn’t work in the Roon remote either.

Hi @soyka0120 ---- Thank you for the PM and sharing your feedback with us. We typically try to handle any support related questions on the “support” thread of the community site so other users have access to any information being shared, should it prove to be useful to them as well. Would you mind if I made this PM a public topic and we can go from there?

Moving forward, I just want to be sure I am understanding this comment correctly:

“The station I listen to also plays fine through Sonos in another zone. But it doesn’t work in my office zone, where I play directly through the Roon app.”

The provided URL will work via the Sonos application and can stream to your Sonos zone, but will not work properly in Roon. Correct?

-Eric

Yes, make it public and yes, that’s correct the one radio station plays through Sonos but not through Roon, either core or remote. And up until a couple of days ago, worked just fine.

Thanks for the follow up and clarification, @soyka0120! Very appreciated!

Moving forward, myself, along with another team member have both tested the provided URL and can reproduce the mentioned behavior. In light of this discovery, I am going to be passing my report over to our techs who will take a closer look into this.

Once I get some feedback from the team, I will be sure to provide an update in a timely manor. Your patience is very appreciated!

-Eric

The station is back. Perhaps not coincidentally, a transformer blew and their “signal” was “off-air” for streaming, and when they fixed that, the station is again accessible via Roon. Doesn’t quite explain why I could get it on Sonos, and not Roon at one point, but, problem solved, not that I have any idea what the solution was.

Thank you for the update @soyka0120, the insight is appreciated! Pleased to hear that the station is now functioning as expected.

Moving forward, I am going to be closing this thread, but, if this behavior happens to come back please drop me a PM and I will gladly re-open to continue troubleshooting.

Happy listening!
-Eric