Andriod Client is freezing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core is Linux Ubuntu
Build number is latest due to enforced updates

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core and roon endpoint over wired Ethernet
Android used for control only over wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Not relevant to the issue

Description Of Issue

The android client regularly hangs when first invoked. It hangs at the blank screen with the roon logo.

Closing the app from android is the only way to recover.

I usually have to try the Open/hang/close process a few times before the app is active.

In addition the app hangs if the screen is touched for an extended period. This is easy to reproduce in the tags screen. Just leave finger on screen and the app hangs.

Hi @David_Radnell

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you give some details on the Android device you’re using? Are you seeing this on multiple Android devices?

I’ll hang my hat on Huawei or Samsung.

Have you got the latest core and app updates from earlier today?

I have diagnostics open for the same freeze on Huawei devices. Its not as bad since today’s update. Still have the freeze but its not as frequent as it was.

Time, however, will be the ultimate judge.
I still remain hopeful that Roon can work out what the bug is and get in banished. Was never an issue in 1.7

I have two Samsung phones an S9 and S10. Both running Android 10. Both exhibit the same faults.

Just updated to Roon Core build 783 and Android client 778.

The new client still freezes on the tag screen. However reconnecting seems to be better. I force close the app and then restart it. It starts first time with the new build. Previously to this build I would have to force close and start the app numerous times.

Still hanging

Seems like I spoke too soon. I noticed that the andriod client was using 5.1 G so I uninstalled it and re-installed. I am running 783.

The client is still hanging on startup. Sometimes it does not get past the “roon” screen but mostly it gets to the animated logo screen and then hangs. It can take over 5 attempts to start the client.

Hi @dylan , has there been any progress on fixing this issue. The thread has gone quiet.

I am still having the problem btw.

Roon have merged this Android bug into into this thread - head over there and do as requested in the post by Noris.

2 Likes

Thanks, have just done that.

The Roon team could’ve have posed here to inform us that the thread had been merged!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.