Android app bug

Roon Core Machine

Synology DS218+, Celeron J3355, 2Ghz, 10Gb memory, External Samsung T7 SSD

Networking Gear & Setup Details

FritzBox Router, Orbi RBR-50 mesh

Connected Audio Devices

Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Wired
Samsung Note 20 Ultra, Android 12, One UI v.4.0.

Number of Tracks in Library

1202 albums, (can’t see the tracks in my library)

Description of Issue

When an album is finished, a ‘nothing is playing’ screen appears. That screen is on ‘Now playing’. From there the screen freezes. Nothing works (not able to go back to the main menu). After pressing ‘Queue’ it is possible to get out of that screen. This is only the case on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra.

Hey @RM_Kamphuis,

Thanks for getting in touch with your report, we’re sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with that Roon Remote. Can you please uninstall the app on your Samsung Note 20 Ultra, restart the device, then reinstall the Roon Remote app?

This has resolved similar issues for other customers. Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks Jamie, I will try as suggested!

1 Like

Dear Jamie, I deleted the Roon remote app, rebooted my phone and reinstalled the app. At first it seemed to work properly but now, after an album is finished, the app freezes again and only through ‘queue’ I can go back to the main screen. Also sometimes no albums at all are visible in the albums section, after the above happens.
I run the app on my macbook without problems. It seems the Android app still has some bugs…

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.