Android app connection issue on update

Android remote app is losing connection again every time it runs in the background to another app. This was fixed in the previous version. Now it’s back. Search and overview loading are slower again.

Time for a roll back I think.

Hi @Frank_Daman,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Do you have any power saving settings enabled on the device? Can you exclude Roon from those settings? Does it help?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK on NUC8i5BEH, build n° 175

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Telenet modem/router, WIFI + Powerline (powerline running stable for over 6 years)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Node 2 toslink to Marantz SR6012

Remote app running on Samsung Galaxy Tab5e

Same as always, no changes. No power saving settings active on tablet.

Only change in system: Roon update.

Hi @Frank_Daman,

If you perform a force quit on the Roon app when this issue occurs, are you able to re-establish connection with the Core?

Yes, I am. Same behaviour as two updates ago. The previous update fixed the issue. 537 returned the issue.

Hi @Frank_Daman,

What are the exact symptoms here, you are stuck on the “Searching for Core” screen?
Could you please try reinstalling the Roon app and verify if the issue is the same?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.