Android app crashing at startup - Samsung Note 10 plus

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
B521 Core on a Mac
Remote on a Samsung Note 10 plus.

**Network Details:. Ethernet connection through cisco router.

**Audio Devices: iMac to PS Audio DSD with bridge 2 via ethernet.

Description Of Issue
Just updated the latest Roon, The Roon control app in Android crashes at startup. It will not launch.

Restarted the phone and reinstalled the app, still crashing.

Roon launches to the connect with Roon core screen and then disappear, back to the phone home screen.

Had no issues before the latest Roon update.

1 Like

Hi @Soukseum_Daongam,

Welcome to the community! Is there any change in behavior if you uninstall the Roon app, reboot your Android phone and then re-install it?

How far does this actually get to in the app? Do you see “Overview” at all or immediately after clicking on the Core to connect to the app crashes?

I get to the Remote Connection screen and than crash.

Hi @Soukseum_Daongam,

Can you please open the Roon app, let it sit for a few minutes on the “Choose your Core” screen, reproduce this behavior once more and let me know the exact local time + date of the next crash?

I wonder if diagnostics will reveal further clues, I can enable this mode once I have the timestamp from you and hopefully the logs will be delivered to our servers.

10:28 Central time. It never gets to “Choose your Core” screen. It crashes before that and goes back to my phone home screen.

I video captured the Room app crash but can’t post on the forum. I can email to you if you want.

Hi @Soukseum_Daongam,

I just checked out diagnostics servers and there doesn’t appear to be any logs delivered unfortunately, it looks like the app is crashing before communicating with our servers.

I will send you a private message on where to upload the video, please do send it over and let me know once you have done so, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.