Android App Freezing and other UI issues - addition device information

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 7 64 bit Roon version 1.7 Build 521

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet PC/ Roon Core - Router Asus RT-AC66R
WIFI - Android 8.1.0 on DAP

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Hiby R6 pro - DAP
Roon Remote version 1.7 build 521
Android 8.1.0

Description Of Issue
Android App Freezing when connecting to Core. Was working fine before upgrading to Roon Remote 1.7 Build 521

Hi @Sam_Mills,

Thanks for the report, and apologies for the trouble! You can see the latest on this here:

Are you saying if we have an unsoppported device, then it’s game over? I have a samsung galaxy S9 that isn’t working. Come on¡ there is a very large number of android users out there. There are no reported issues on this matter with apple users so far. Please let us know. Is buying apple remotes the only way to sort this out?

Don’t know how you’ve come up with that as the statement says.
“These tests will take some time due to the wide range of devices that we are testing, but we are hoping to release these improvements as soon as possible.”

1 Like

Hi @Arturo_Saucedo,

To clarify — We are working on resolving the issues with these specific devices, as noted in the post linked above. iOS devices don’t use the same hardware so they’re not impacted by this issue. We hope to have the fix available soon!

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

Hi Dylan,

Will it take a while for Roon Remote 1.7 Build 528 to be released? I installed Roon Core 1.7 Build 528, uninstalled Roon Remote 1.7 Build 521 but when I reinstalled it from Google Play Store it was still the old version. The old version of Roon Remote still have the hanging problem with Roon Core 1.7 Build 528. Any additional information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Sam Mills

Hi @Sam_Mills,

Sometimes it can take a little bit for the update to be available but I believe it should be available for you now. Have you received the update on your device?

Thanks Dylan for your quick turn-around. I did the update of Roon Remote and now it’s working again.
Thank You very much!

Sam Mills

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.