Android app stuck on "initializing"

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
There is some history of this looking at the posts but can’t see a resolution (other than continually restarting the phone) and this fails after a few minutes again.

Particularly frustrating as I spent a lot on the Nucleus to enhance my experience…

Any suggestions welcome.

Hi Phil,

Can you describe exactly what is happening? The phone and it’s OS, your wifi network and how the Nucleus is connected (wifi/ethernet).

Can you connect to the Core via a different device like a computer?

Also, I’m going to move this to @support so they can begin helping you.

==========

Suggestion without knowing much detail:

Sometimes, if an Android device is searching for the Core, there is a little blue link, I think called Help, that allows you to enter the IP address of the core. If you get there, enter 255.255.255.255 as the IP and see if you then connect.

Hi @Phil_Knowles — Sorry for the trouble here!

Can you provide some details on your networking setup?

Do you have any other remote devices? Are they experiencing the same issue?

Hello @Phil_Knowles, and thanks for your report! I wanted to check in and see if you could provide some details on your network setup and what version of Android you’re using. Thanks!

Hi,
I am using Android version 9 on a Huawei P20.
I use Sky Q router for my broadband with power over main using Devolo 1200 adapters. I have one Netgear Pro unmanaged switch next to the Nucleus.
I actually had a power cut yesterday, which restarted virtually everything on the network. Bizarrely I could not even navigate to the Nucleus Web interface from the Android phone either but after the power cut everything has reset.
I am guessing the power cut changed something, but not sure what?
Any thoughts?

Hello @Phil_Knowles, well I’m glad things are working again! I’d suspect some part of the network got locked into a bad state and the power cycle reset things. But if this comes back, please let me know!