Android App with Pixel 3

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
1.7 Build 571 on Mac OS 10.14.6

TEXT GOES HERE
Wired and wireless, 100Mbs/100, Fios, Ubiquiti UniFi Access points AP LC LR x3
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Sonos ethernet
TEXT GOES HERE

First, I hope this is the correct place and way to post. I’m new to Roon and when I searched the problem I could not find anything current about the Android app problems or solutions.

I’ve installed the latest Android app on my Pixel3 and have to say it’s not very good.![:cry:] It’s hit and miss once it opens. It freezes or goes to an all black screen. I’ve already tried, restarts, uninstalling and re-installing, cache clearing…Mostly, it opens, connects, shows the Genres and then freezes. After that, it goes black and then Android reports it has stopped working.

I was able to connect up the Core using my computer IP address. I think part of the problem might be handing off to different access points but what do I know?

If you know of anything to try I’m willing to give it a shot. I really want to use Roon but this will be a deal breaker for me.

Thanks

Hi @Jonathan_Selig,

Welcome to the forum!
What OS version do you have on your Pixel 3 device?

Can you please try to record a short video of this and upload to Dropbox / Google Drive and share a link? Does the issue always happen on the Genres page?

I find the Android app flaky also but it improved for me somewhat when I disabled IGMP Snooping on my wireless router.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.