Android connection problems

My wife and I both use a Fairphone 4 running Android 13 to connect to Roon.

Both phones are having trouble to connect and to stay connected. We get ‘waiting for your roon core’ all the time. Sometimes it does connect after waiting a lot of time.

The strange thing is that other clients on MacOS or iOS connect without any problems.

Our network is a Ubiquiti Unifi network. I already tried some different settings like multicast, but it doesn’t help.

It seems to be a problem since one of the last updates. We didn’t encounter this issue before.

Hi @Paul_van_den_Berg,

To receive appropriate help, it would be really helpful if you could complete the template provided below.

You can copy and paste it into your reply.

Please be sure to include details of your server, network, storage location of your media files, and any messages displayed by Roon.

Including these details in your first post helps resolve your issues faster.

Thank you.

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM).

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your networking gear (model of routers/switches/etc), connection types (Wifi/Ethernet), and any firewalls, antivirus, or VPN software.

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”.

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Ah sorry for that. I just connected my Nuc to the wired network and so far it does seem more stable. I’ll monitor it for a few days. If I’m still having problems, I’ll add the additional information

3 Likes

That’s good to hear, Roon do strongly recommend connecting the Roon Server machine to a fully wired network. WiFi can work but is often frustrating and time consuming when it doesn’t.

I’ll mark this topic as solved, but if you need further help on this send me message and I’ll reopen it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.