Android devices fail to connect to core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

ROCK on NUC7i3BNH build 528

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TP Link Deco M5 mesh, core is connected via ethernet to the main router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Multiple

Description Of Issue

I’ve been dealing with this issue for a long time now. I have an LG G7 android phone and an Amazon Fire HD 8 I use as remotes. Usually the first time I try to launch the Roon app it is unable to connect to the core. If I leave the app like this it will search indefinitely, never finding the core. I have to close the app and reopen it a few times to get a connection. Usually the third time is the charm, but sometimes it doesn’t want to connect even then, so I click on connect to new core. Usually after a few more rounds of closing and reopening the app it will then find my core. Sometimes I just give up because it is taking too long. This happens on both of these android devices, but it’s worse with my phone.

I have the core connected wired and wirelessly, could this be causing the problem? Could it be caused by my wifi system?

Next time, if you can get to the section where you can input the IP for your core, use the following IP address. 255.255.255.255 and see if that helps the connection issues.

How do I do that?

Hello @Tim_Wilson, there’s some good info for doing this online. Here’s an article from Microsoft’s support KB.

Once you have the IP address, you can enter it into the app like Rugby said and it should get you connected.

When the cannot connect screen pops up, there is an option at the bottom a little blue link, maybe even help?, ( sorry I’m doing this from memory), which will let you input the IP of the Roon Server.

Yup! Rugby is correct, the option says “Configure Roon OS devices on your network”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.