Android issues after upgrading to build 521

I have the exact same problem after updating to build 5.21 on my Nexus 5 running Android 6.0.1.

Hi @William_Street,

Thank you for reaching out, at the present time we are troubleshooting theses issues individually, can I please request some more information?

1. What is your Core machine? Model/manufacturer/operating system?

2. Is there any change in behavior if you uninstall the Roon app, reboot your Nexus and reinstall it from the play store?

3. Can you share a screenshot and provide a brief description of the symptoms you’re experiencing?

Hi noris,
I started this thread about 9 or 10 hours ago:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-remote-not-working-after-update-to-build-5-21/95341/11
Core machine is Asus/Intel i5 computer running Windows 10 fully updated. There’s no issues with this end of Roon. I can play music by controlling playback from there (very inconvenient to do but it does work). As I said in the linked thread, my wife’s Android phone with Android 8.0, still running Build 5.11 works flawlessly. I’m waiting for it to be automatically updated to Build 5.21 when I’m sure it will no longer work based on reading other posts. My Nexus 5 is running Android 6.0.
I’ve tried multiple times to uninstall/reinstall Roon Remote from the play store. Exact same problem and symptoms every time. No difference whatsoever. I don’t know how to take a screenshot but it’s the same as the screenshot in the thread about a Huawei tablet with same problem; Roon Remote loads, doesn’t complete, album covers blank, screen frozen, nothing works, no buttons clickable. Have to exit out of app or it just sits there until eventually screen goes completely black.
I hope this helps. This issue is exactly the same as all the other posts about this issue. I’d like to see Roon make Roon Remote Build 5.11 available for us to redownload in the meantime while you try and resolve this from your end. At least we could use Roon in the meantime.
Thanks.
Here’s the link to the thread with the screenshot I mentioned above:

Hi @William_Street,
To avoid cross posting I’m closing this topic, support can continue in your other topic.

1 Like