Android os Roon Remotes crash with some default Black & White generic artwork

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Nucleus plus
Roon os v1.0(bulid186)
Roon labs software v1.0(build12)
Roon Server software v1.7(build521)
Both Roon Android os remotes running v1.7(builds521)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Nucleus+ to USB output to USB DAC input

Description Of IssueAndroid os remote crashes

If imported album doesn’t have correct album art and only has generic black & white artwork from Roon data base, Roon remotes on android os galaxy note 8 & 9, crash continually until, either manual artwork is added or you use an iOS device or Macbook or Windows Laptop remote (which have never had this issue) to change active song or add the correct album artwork, and then they work fine without a crash. only discovering this as I clean up my library and add the correct album art.

Hello @Blake_Hopkins,

Welcome to the forum!

We are aware of this issue and the devs are working on it. I can’t specify an exact timeline of when the new release will be ready, but for any updates regarding this behavior please see the following thread:

Thanks for your patience here!

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.