Android phone connection issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
My Android phone will not connect to the laptop and the laptop is not getting play back to my Sonos. The only play back is coming from the PC?

Hi,

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Have you enabled audio devices under Roon Settings > Audio?

Under this tab it shows my lap top and the sonos connect as well as one of the sonos speakers. It will not connect to the sonos system. My set up and hardware is as follows

Lenovo Yoga
Windows 10 version 1903
Roon Build 610 version 1.7
Google Pixel 3 XL
Sonos Connect 192 168 86 45 ethernet cable to my router on verizon Fios
computer and conect speakers via blue tooth
Music is stored on the Lenovo Yoga and currently my streaming is spotify & Youtube music
1159 tracks
Sonos runs through a Denon AVR X3500H

Maybe a screenshot of Settings Audio?

Here is a screen shot of what I see. The laptop with roon running will not play on the sonos but will play through it’s own speakers. The Roon App on my pixel 3xl will not connect to the lap top

Hi @Jeff_Thurston,

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Let me know if this helps resolve the issue!

Thanks Noris,

Allowing the app through the firewall worked to allow play back.

Now my last issue is that one of my Sonos play 1 speakers does not show up to be grouped. The app is playing through the living room speakers (not Sonos) and the Sonos grouped the bedroom speaker but it does not allow or seem to pick up the speaker in the kitchen?

Jeff

Hi @Jeff_Thurston,

That’s fantastic news!

Are you using different Sonos firmware on the zones? With the Sonos S2 update, you can only group Sonos speakers running the same generation of Sonos firmware.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.