Android playback, stuttering and stops

Hi Paul,

First off, our apologies for the frustration here.

We are aware of this issue, and we have a ticket open in our internal bug tracker.

While I don’t have a timeline for when we will be shipping a fix for this issue, I can tell you that we recently added one of the LG phones in house, so when this ticket gets in front of our developers we should be able to resolve the problem.

We absolutely have changes planned for this area of the app, and nothing is being ignored. We keep a close eye on feedback like yours, and adjust our roadmap on a regular basis.

As usual, we’re not going to comment on timelines or make guarantees about our roadmap, but an overhaul of playback on Android is something we intend to do.

Right now, Roon does not support the “full screen screen mode” that’s available on some Android phones. We’ve investigated this and we believe search should work fine with full screen mode turned off for Roon. Are you seeing otherwise?

If support for full screen mode is important to you, definitely open a Feature Request so we can gauge interest.

Thanks for the feedback Paul, and sorry I don’t have a more immediate answer for you regarding the LG V30. We’ll make sure to post updates when we’ve made some progress on this issue.

1 Like