Android Remote Connection Issues

Same problem here. I have an Samsung A30 on Android10 as a remote and a Fanless computer on windows 10 runing the Core. If i open both for the first time everything is ok. But if i close the ROON remote on my Samsung A30 and reopen, it try for ever to connect to the Core without luck. 3 only thing i’ve found as workaround (on forum)
1- Close the ROON core (only the apps) then reopen, it do the job but not really convinient as my server is hard to acces (i use Teamviewer).
2- Open the Core, go in setting -> config -> allow remote connection, you trig that OFF then back ON, and bag your remote now find the ROON core.
3- When it try to find the core, click on help, then enter 255.255.255.255 and click scan. It did the trick for me.
Also, i have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 and i tryed it as remote and it have no issue so fare, but it’s not my tablet so i cannot use it all the time.
I also noticed something, i just removed the Theme on my phone and now Roon remote connect (2 try so far by killing the apps and restarting). This is a very strange problem.

Hi Frederick,

I moved your post to a new thread so that @support could see it and respond. They might not have noticed it in a 5 year old thread marked Solved.

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi @Frederic_Bisson,

What is your network setup like, can you list the model/manufacturer of your networking gear?

If you have an IGMP Snooping or IGMP Proxing setting on your router, is there any change if you try to toggle these settings on?

My router is a Bell Borne universelle 3000. I have a TERA connection over fiber. No IGMP snooping setting found anywhere. If you look at my original post, in number 3, i say that removing the theme from my phone worked. So no my phone connect to the ROON core, not as fast as my other computer running windows 10 but still, it’s working.

Hi @Frederic_Bisson,

This is certainly a strange aspect, which theme was this? Was is a default Android 10 theme? Has this behavior still been consistent since removing the theme?

I’m using since last post (3 days) without the theme ((Alex) Dark Waves) and it working now. I can try to add the theme back but my ROON trial stopping today. Aside question, is the liftime 700$ is in US dollar or i’ll pay it in CAD as i’m in Canada?
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Frederic_Bisson,

Did adding the theme back re-trigger the issue?

Our accounts team followed up via private message regarding the billing aspect.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.