Android remote freezes on Samsung Galaxy S5 [Ticket open]

Hi Eric,

I spent some time with the screen left on only for the last 2 days. I can say, now after 2 days, and a couple hours for each day, the remote did not crash when the screen was left on. This is conclusive now. Do you still want to review with the “lock screen”?

Thank you for the update, @Kathir_Manthiram. The insight is appreciated!

Moving forward, would you kindly please give the “lock screen” test a go and share the observations you make so I can provide our techs with the requested feedback. Furthermore, I have seen and responded to your PM :sunglasses:

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!
-Eric

Hi Eric,

I tested out “lock screen” on the S5, but with the Roon UI setting to enable the “screen automatically dims/turns off” option. As you recall, letting the screen go off seems to make the UI crash a lot. And, keeping the screen on (by using the opposite setting) has never crashed after several days of several hour sessions, so I’m pretty confident in this observation.

With the lock screen set, the crash seems to be minimized, but not completely gone. In about 3hrs of listening, the remote UI crashed 2 times. Much less than it would otherwise. But still, not perfect.

Thanks for giving that test a go and sharing your observations with us, @Kathir_Manthiram!

Your ticket has been updated with your most recent feedback and is now back with our tech team for further analysis. Once the mentioned ticket has been passed back I will be sure to share the team’s thoughts with you asap.

-Eric

Hi @Kathir_Manthiram ---- Thank you for your patience here. To offer a quick update on this behavior you are experiencing with the S5 remote.

Our tech team has been able to reproduce this issue and a ticket is currently open with our DEV team who will be further evaluating this behavior and scheduling further action accordingly.

-Eric

Hi Eric, sounds great. I’m glad you guys were able to pinpoint the area in the code which causes the hang. Such issue may be affecting more Android devices than just mine.

Please keep me posted when you have a new remote build for me to try. I can help make sure the fix is stable and reliable.

thanks!