Various endpoints.

Connected Audio Devices

B&W formation wedge
Technics SC-50
AudioPro addon c10
AudioPro addon C5

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

The roon remote will crash and close constantly. It might get as far as allowing me to select a track to play but then if I go back to it to switch the device its playing on or to search for another album it will most likely just close down. I’ll then have to open it again. It’s just very inconvenient and makes the remote unusable.

It has been like this for at least 2 or 3 months and have installed various phone updates and roon updates. Nothing has made a difference. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled roon remote a few times.

Running android 12

Hi @David_Stephenson1 thanks so much for sharing this information with - we’d love to help.

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers.

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

So that we have all of the necessary information, can you please let us know of the date and time that the next crash occurs?

Thanks!

Thank you. I have just tried listening on my Samsung s21 and the app crashed and closed at 9th feb 22:09:30. I think I’d listened to less than 10 seconds before it stopped and closed.

App crashed when I was browsing the discovery section and listening to an album on my AudioPro C5 at 22:15:43 9th Feb.

App crashed 12:2730 10th feb

Thanks so much for sharing that information with us, @David_Stephenson1.

I’ve alerted the technical support team so that they can have a chance to review the logs. Once they have more information, we’ll be reaching back out and updating you here as to what we find.

Thank you for your continued patience, as well! It is much appreciated!

I was having the same issue on my s21 and s7+ … turning off battery optimization stopped the crashes. Hasn’t done it since. Worth a shot if you haven’t tried that yet.

Hi. I did try that hoping it would resolve the issue but didn’t do anything unfortunately. Thanks.

Hi @David_Stephenson1 ,

It doesn’t look like your logs came in properly, can you please open the Roon app on your Galaxy, use it for a few min and let us know once you’ve done that? Thanks!

Hi, I’ve just done that. First time it closed after 10 seconds. Next time maybe a minute.

Hi @David_Stephenson1 ,

Thanks for opening the phone, I can confirm that logs came in successfully. Unfortunately though, there is not much info in the current logs, and we need to take a look at the deeper Android logs, called ADB logs.

Connect your PC to Android phone and install ADB (instructions are here (all platforms)).

Then:

1. Type adb shell in terminal
  2. Type logcat v (ref: Logcat command-line tool  |  Android Developers)
  3. Reproduce the problem and let terminal print logs for 3-5 more seconds
  4. Select output from the moment you started the reproduction of the bug till the very end
  5. Upload the log here and let us know after you have done so:

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Thanks!

Hi. I’ve uploaded the logs. Thank you

Hi. Have you received and managed to analyse the logs yet please?

Hi @David_Stephenson1 ,

Thank you for reaching out, I am checking with the QA team on this one. We have some QA staff out of the office, thank you in advance for your patience here.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.