Android tablet scaling

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP NAS TVS-463
Roon Server 1.7 (build 610)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

All Cat 6 wired between core and playback device.
Sonicwall TZ-400

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Powernode 2i
Networked

Description Of Issue

Hi there music lovers,
I control Roon mostly with my 8 inch Android tablet (Lenovo TB-8505F with resolution of 1280x800 running Android 9).
The text for everything in the Roon app is tiny, some text is just a few pixels tall. Most text is about half a mm tall. The buttons also suffer from scaling problems and the +/- buttons for the volume are barely 1mm wide. Not only is it hard to read, it’s an awful touchscreen experience.
I changed the Android system text size to “large” but it has no effect on Roon. All the Roon text is smaller than the default Android text size.
Is this the intended experience or am i missing some scaling setting somewhere?

Probably good to add the manufacturer and model and OS version of the device.

Thanks. I did that.

Same problem with the Android runtime under Chrome OS. Roon app experience is terrible on a Pixel Slate, as it renders with no display scaling, making everything super duper tiny when you consider the display resolution vs the physical display size…

Hi @PapaSoul,

Can you also share a screenshot of what you’re seeing? I’d like to get this in front of the team for further investigation.

Thanks!

Above is a shot of the Roon queue. Lots of white-space and tiny text and buttons.

Above is the default text size. Much larger than Roon text size.

Thanks, @PapaSoul and @cwichura. I’ve passed this along to the team to look into.

Dylan- Can I get your personal thoughts after you’ve seen my screen shots? Do you agree the app seems to have scaling problems? Or am I tripping?

Can I get an update on the problem of Roon ignoring Android scaling settings?
I would think the screenshots in this post would indicate an obvious scaling problem that needs immediate attention.
If the product team thinks Roon looks just perfect on my Android devices, then I’ll need to drop Roon because it isn’t designed for human fingers.

Hi @PapaSoul,

We have a ticket in with our team about this, but I can’t make any specific guarantees or timelines just yet. We appreciate the feedback, though, and we’ll follow up when we have more information on this.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.