Another 'cannot connect' Roon Core

Roon Core 2.0
Running on a 2012 Macmini i5 8 GB RAM MacOS 11.6.8

Networking Gear & Setup Details are quite complex

We connect to internet through a Netgear wireless 4G modem docked to a Netgear DC112A cradle, wifi disabled on each. This connected to the Optus 4G network that connects to the internet. We have Speedtest download speeds between 20-150 Mbps

The Macmini is connected via ethernet to an Amplifi operating in bridge mode that provides a house-wide wifi network using WPA2. There is no firewall on the Macmini, no VPN. Music is stored on a 4 bay Sinology NAS connected via ethernet to the Amplifi.

The Netgear cradle has UPnP enabled
I get the following error message when I try to connect RoonARC
{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkTimeout”,“status_code”:998,“error”:“”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“49.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Suggestions?

The port forwarding diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that your Core is having difficulty reaching our servers. There are several independent factors that can cause this error, so we recommend double-checking the following to initiate troubleshooting:

• Is your router firmware up to date?
  • Do you have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security on this network?
  • Are you experiencing any issues with Roon Remotes, or other apps on your local network?

If you continue to experience difficulties, please tag the support team and include the following information:

1. What is the make and model of your modem and router?
  2. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  3. Who is your internet service providerand what is your geographic region?
  4. Is your Modem configured in Bridge Mode so that it operates only as a modem or do you have the ports forwarded on both?

Thanks!

yes the router firmware is the latest available
I don’t use VPNs or proxy servers, nor enterprise grade security
Roon remotes connect to the Core, and all other apps appear too be working

Modem: Netgear DC112A with an Optus branded Netgear Aircard 4G wireless modem connected to a Amplifi MESH system (hub in bridge mode)

I connect to internet through Optus Australia

Some users are on cgnat looking at their support site so I would contact Optus and ask them if you are.

Why would that make a difference?

Because you aren’t given an identifiable IP address so ARC won’t work as you can’t set port forwarding up.
If you do have cgnat, ask IP if you have, then you need to ask them to be taken off it as you need to port forward.
If you aren’t on cgnat then support will know not to bother looking at that issue

2 Likes

Hey @Michael_Block,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you were still having issues getting Arc and port forwarding squared away. Did you manage to chat with your ISP in regards to confirming if you had a static IP set up?

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.