Another Database problem

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Every morning (really every morning!!,) when I wake up I get this [Moderated] error message so that I have to quit Roon and start it again, what takes some minutes of time (congrats I never saw another program which starts soooooooooo slooooooowwwwwwwlllllllyyyyyy :sleeping:).

What’s the matter? How to resolve this problem?

[Moderated]

Honestly, after reading all the recent complaints comments, I think your options are limited! Do you have a backup from about a year ago you can restore? Otherwise, it’s time to bite the bullet and start over.

1 Like

There are literally dozens of threads/posts covering this subject with comment’s from both users and official Roon support.
Maybe try search next time…

Hey @Andreas_Knoche, sorry for the trouble here – I’ve passed this on to the team to have a closer look and will update you when I know more. Thanks!

@Andreas_Knoche We want to take a look at your Roon database, I hope it’s not too much to ask for. Here’s how you can send it to us:

I need to have a look at your logs, can you grab them for me? Here’s how:

1. Open Finder and click Go in the menu bar

2. Hold down the Option key (or Alt)(⌥) to unhide the Library folder

3. Click the Library folder

1. Find the Roon or RoonServer folder and right-click it, then select “Compress”

2. Upload the Roon.zip file here: Request User Data - Zoho WorkDrive (zohoexternal.com)

Andreas, Build 884 has been released, which:

Fixed issue processing invalid Unicode characters which could cause problems loading your library

Updating to 884 might solve your issue.

@Andreas_Knoche Do you have an automatic backup during the night ? If yes, you have the same issue than me…backup functionality cause this. I remove all automatic night backup meantime they find a solution for corrupted database.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.