Another instance of random play starting

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MAC OS X 10.14.5 Version 1.6 (build 416) stable
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Juniper EX2300 PoE switch, UBNT AC HD PRO APs (2), headless core server

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

3 hifiberry DAC Pro+ and one hifiberry DAC Pro XLR+. Two on Ethernet, two on WiFi. Running dietPi (current release). Also support for Spotify and Airplay installed via dietPi.

Description Of Issue

Just like the earlier reporter (Roon Starts Playing by Itself). One of my zones randomly starts playing (Named Study, with the DAC Pro XLR+ on Wired). This is happening multiple times a week. Unlike the previous reporter, I have no remotes that could be causing this. My UI for the Roon is my laptop, and the core is running on a headless (keyboardless) Mini. The UI isn’t even running on that mini.

Thoughts?

Hi @Christopher_Liljenst,

Thanks for reaching out to us here, I have a few follow-up questions:

• Does this happen for just the Study zone, or have other zones also experienced this behavior?

• Do you have any “virtual keyboard” applications installed on the Core or IR blasters in your home?

• What kind of Roon Remotes are you using in your setup, can you let me know the model/manufacturer for all of them?

• Can you please provide a few timestamps of when this issue occurs and what Roon Remotes were active at the time? E.g. 1:06PM on 7/18/19?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.