Another thread about grouping classical artists

Did @Ludwig’s suggestion above not help here – the way he suggested is also how I would recommend finding these albums:

You can also create bookmarks for these views, so it’s always easy to find your Beethoven albums in a click or two,

Anyway, you’re free to use Roon however you want, but I can see why this would be frustrating – Roon is designed to clean up messy or incorrect metadata automatically, replacing it with connections that are richer than what’s possible with file tags.

Because Beethoven himself didn’t actually release any albums, trying to organize these albums that way means fighting against the system as it attempts to accurately represent the musicians and performers involved in these recordings. Using the Focus feature, on the other hand, will let you find all the albums on which Beethoven’s compositions were performed, even if they also feature compositions by other composers.

I understand this is different from what you’re used to, and you’re not the first person to face this learning curve. So many applications have long ignored the needs of Classical fans that I can understand why so many people have resorted to just using the Artist field for prominent composers, even if that often requires ignoring the contributions of the actual artists and performers involved in the recording.

I can assure you that making sure Roon addresses the needs of classical fans is something we are always thinking about, and taking feedback on, and improving. That said, those improvements are always going to be focused on representing Classical composers, artists, and albums in a richer, more accurate way.

Hope that perspective helps @Michael_Faoro – please do read the article I linked to above and let me know if you have any questions.