Antipodes EX - Roon2.0 build1133 - flickering UX + Slow to no responsiveness

Roon 2.0 / build 1133
Antipodes EX
Network Cable

After update to 1133 Roon us unusable. It looses connection permanently - flickering UX, slow to no responsiveness.

This was already the case with the update to 2.0 the case then it stabilised after a couple of days. Now again - 2days after installation no real improvement.

Really hard to understand why this happens and why Roon becomes so unreliable.

Have you restarted the Roon Server software in the Antipodes ams web panel GUI?
I find this cures most ills I ever encounter with my Antipodes servers.

Several times.
Even hard-restart.

Hi @martin_foerster
Are you still experiencing problems with your Roon on the EX or have you resolved your issues?

Hi.
I would not say that I have solved it.
Since the update 2.0 I experience also with the next update the same issue - after installation the screen flickers for 2-3 days.
Then suddenly it becomes stable.
I would not consider that as a great experience as during these 2-3 days the product is not usable.

A post was merged into an existing topic: I have the same problem

Hey @martin_foerster,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

As a next step, I’d like to see if refreshing your database allows your system to function properly. Please follow the steps below:

• Make a Backup of your current RoonServer Database
  • Exit out of RoonServer
  • Navigate to your RoonServer’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Reinstall the RoonServer App from our Downloads Page to generate a new RoonServer folder
  • On the Roon Remotes, press “Use another Core” and connect to the new database

Let me know if you experience the same issues after the above :pray:

hi - thanks a lot.
really appreciated!
I installed 1143 and this seems to be more stable. I also do think that this is not the server but the clients causing the issues.

what did I do? just let the client open for 2-3 days. then it stabilised (not really a great approach but it did the job)…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.