Antipodes S30 ssd experience and further evaluation of the S20/30/60 combo

Never say never… especially in audio.
A week can be a lifetime!
:grin:

Tbh I procastrinated over the purchase for well over a week which is very unusual for me but finally the price was just to inviting :blush:

Separate server and player boxes can be a good thing. I upgraded my EX to a K30 and wondered what to do with the EX. When I tried to run the K30 player as a server/player for my PGGB files in MPD direct play mode I couldn’t. Only way was using mconnect and the playback was inferior imho. EX to the rescue… configured as a server/player with a link to the K30 library or direct from internal mounted ssd. Antipodes promises to restore this to the dual computer boxes but for now available only with the S series. A special use case but for PGGB’d files to the insane level there is nothing like it. Other users say use Squeeze but MPD direct (to local library) is superior. ymmv blah blah. Prog on!

BTW…. same ssd experience for me when going EX to K30.

1 Like

Hi, I have the S30/S40/S60 combo and think they are great (and still improving, like most good systems they take lots of use to run them in). I don’t know the answer to your question, but suspect you are on the wrong forum. People on the Antipodes forum have been super helpful for me (no offence intended for the couple of posters above that are trying to be helpful). Additionally, if you ever need a setup issue resolved (which may not be the case here), they will share screen and sort you out. None of my other gear, past or present, has had that level of support. I use Roon server into squeeze player, which is convenient and improves the sound IMO. Also, check out my last post on Antipodes where someone helped me turn off FLAC compression in Roon. Best value upgrade ever.

I am a member of the Antipodes forum as well, Mark Cole has always been super helpful in every aspect.
They are a great bunch over there.

I had the luxury to go to the dealer and have his son change the SSD from the Antipodes DSGT to the S30 while I was having coffee and cake, listening to music on a K50.
I always thought that my DSGT was such a hot rod it didn’t need to be upgraded. I was wrong, the S30-S60 combo sounds incredible. I never knew digital music could sound so good. And when I will have some money (after this gas-crisis) I could look for an S40 to compliment the set.
Mark from Antipodes has helped me out once with the big Roon update so he might have helped with the SSD change for you from his computer.
Guess you are now also very happy with the S’!

2 Likes