Any Advice Please?

Fair enough, I guessed that there might be some commercial reasons as well as technical.

Thank you very much for bothering to reply. I am a newcomer, but I think you guys at Roon really rock (pun very much intended), and that is partly why after only 3-4 weeks of ever hearing about Roon, I had researched it, trialled it, bought the hardware to run ROCK, and taken a lifetime membership.

2 Likes

That ROCK NUC still working then? :wink:

Yup, still ROCKin…:joy:

As far as linear power supplies go, I had a very positive experience. The HD Plex powers my MicroRendu, Mytek Brooklyn, and the Small Green Computer SonicTransporter. Mytek performance much better than when plugged into PS Audio Power Plant 5.

If the argument is that reducing software overhead improves sound quality then surely not having any Roon Core software running must be a better solution. The Project Stream Box is just a roon endpoint, and in addition (and unlike the Nucleus) has hardware optimizations such as a dedicated internal power supply and USB detox that are directed at reducing noise on the USB output. In Paul Millers measurements it gives at least as good a performance as the Nucleus but costs a lot less.

John Westlake, the designer of the streambox give a very detailed explanation of his hardware design here. He seems to me to offer rather more insight than simply saying “Shit in shit out”.

1 Like

Absolutely, which is why we always suggest networked Roon ready devices over all other.

2 Likes

and … any connection cable will make it worse, whatever the used product is .
Roon nucleus / + and a Roon ready device @ the same switch incl. RJ45 network isolator for both .
Done .