Any archive.org lovers?

Cant get show tagger to download in foobar.

Sure would be cool if we could just stay in the ROON world for conversion and tagging.

1. download from here.

https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_tradersfriend

1. Unzip the file and it should create a file named “foo_tradersfriend.dll”

2. Copy this “foo…dll” file to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\components
    (i.e., the foobar2000 components subdirectory)

3. close and restart foobar2000.

4. Load up the files from a show you want to tag

5. Select all the audio files from the show and right click, then select “tagging” then “live show tagging”

Don’t forget to have the *.txt file from the show saved in the same folder as the show’s audio files.

1 Like

Uh?

Whats a sub directory?

A folder underneath a folder (a directory underneath a directory). I gave you the reference, the "program files x86 folder, foobar2000 folder under that, then the components folder under that.

Thanks for your help but couldn’t execute.

Its been a while since I last looked this thread over.

Any new developments here as far getting these files into ROON?

sorry, no.

Sad.
:disappointed:

Hey you arhcive.org lovers.

Any new and super easy software to help non-computer loving music lovers like me?

Downloading files from archive.org is simple. On any artist/show page, there is a section that allows you to download the files of that show in FLAC, mp3, etc. Once downloaded, these files are just like any other files you have (ripped from CDs, purchased online, etc.). Just add these downloaded files to your drive containing your Roon music library and you’re all set.

edit: you may want to edit the tag metadata on these files. You can use any of many tag editors to do this. There’s also the more automated approach for live shows I explained earlier in this thread.

Also you can get liner notes for your albums from archive.org. Very handy

Any new news with archive.com and ROON integrations.

There seems to be some progress on the archive.org side integrating with Spotify and Youtube.

I have not used this resource much but a few downloads.
As others have said, if you stick mainly to flac download it’s fairly simple process.

I guess it depends on just how many shows you are considering to dl as to how big a task it becomes eventually.

yes, long time big fan of archive.org. Amazing collection of interesting bands (that have agreed to have their music available for downloading). Of course archive.org also has video, text, ‘wayback machine’ and lots of amazing things. For those of you that like this amazing, valuable resource, don’t forget to support them.
Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine

Any new news here? It looks like archive.org made some progress with Youtube and Spotify … anything happening for us ROON users?