Any Handheld Remote Control for Nucleus?

Does anyone know if a Bluesound Professional CP100 wired remote would operate basic roon controls as well as BluOS?
I am still very keen to implement a really simple non touchscreen remote for Roon. Roon is replacing an old Bose link multiroom set up with physical remotes that are easy to operate. I would only need off/on, mute, volume up/down and maybe next/previous. Thats 7 buttons. Ideally one remote per zone (the old Bose has dip switches for this purpose) whcih does not seem a lot to ask
I am well aware that numerous touchscreen solutions are available but dont want to have to turn on, open app etc navigate passwords etc just to mute because the phone rings! A simple remote does not even need the user to look at it once the controls are familiar.
The ipod touch with guided access is probably ok but simpler is always best for casual day to day use. I really cant see why Roon have not got a simple remote sorted, something like Apple TV remote maybe?

My understanding is that, with the Deep Harmony extension, nothing necessarily has to “run” on the Core machine. I have it installed on my MacBook Pro, where it runs “forever” in Terminal. Roon Core is on a sonicTransporter i9. I find it works rather well with a Harmony remote. Now, you do also need to modify some Roon settings to engage the extension, so maybe for some reason the Nucleus does not accept those?

Another thing I’ve done for remote-controlling Roon is to use an IR remote with a Bluesound Node 2i. The Bluesound app and devices support an IR learning process. Once the device is trained to the signals of any IR remote, you should be able to control Roon to some degree just by including the Bluesound endpoint in an active group (whether you are actually sending music through Bluesound, or not) . The hand-held remote could be Bluesound’s own remote control or just about any other IR remote. I haven’t used this set-up in a while (after replacing it with a Harmony) so I do not remember what commands will/won’t work or other setup details.

I think an old underpowered iPad sitting in a stand where it keeps power and never goes to sleep is a fairly economical solution,
Or an old underpowered iPhone.
There are gazillions of those and if they are underpowered they have little market value, hence cost.