Any Mytek Brooklyn users out there?

I have one on trial. Just breaking it in. Dealer says it needs 250 hours which seems excessive. I was at an MQA presentation by Michal in DC. Also did MQA listening on my Oppo via Tidal. Pretty sold on the format right now. The Brooklyn competition is a Modwright modified Oppo 105 into a CJ ET3SE preamp.

I have a Mytek Brooklyn. IT has around 300 hours on it. My opinion is that I didn’t heard any big difference between 150 hrs and 300 hrs. It just sounds damned good from the beginning to the 300hrs. Especially with MQA.

I bought my Brooklyn in May 2016. It sits in my home office from where I work at least 4 days a week. It’s usually goes on after I clear all my morning meetings, so around 12-1pm and stays on until 6pm. it has more than 500 hours on it. I’d say it was broken in after 100-125 hours, give or take. I have no scientific evidence and really going by memory, but as I recall it was somewhere around 100-125 hours that it reached its peak. I’m very happy with the purchase and highly recommend it.

Thanks for the feedback. Does it make any difference at what volume I break it in? At a low volume I could almost run it around the clock.

I didn’t hear any difference either, sounds good enough for me from the beginning.

It is my understanding that volume level has no impact on the break-in period - all the same circuits and hardware is used. I recently bought a PS Audio DSJr for my main listening room. I run that all day at a low volume to expedite the break-in period.

From my understanding only amplifier break-in is impacted by volume, but even there it only matters from a very, very low volume to about elevator music listening levels, once you reach a certain level it no longer has impact. Also I’ve seen it written that it is better to not play an amplifier hard (loud) until it has had some minimal break-in time, but I cannot vouch whether this is true or not, or can I vouch for how true the amplifier break-in statement is, I only read about it.

My Brooklyn+ sounds great from the beginning; although i found out that the combination with a Roon endpoint is very important. Listen carefully before bying. I,m happy with my SOtM200ultra with SPs500 powersupply combination. Im considering a HDPlex powersupply who can feed my Nuc, Switch and Mytek at the same time…