Any news on the dCS Network Bridge update?

Hi Andrew,

Like many, I have an MQA capable dac and am anxiously awaiting the dCS MQA update for my Network Bridge. I look forward to the night when it will find the MQA update and install it.
(I check it every single night at this point)

Thanks for keeping us informed on the progress.
Joe G

If your DAC can fully decode MQA, no update to the Network Bridge is required. If it is a renderer then yes, you would either need that or software that would do the first unfold for you - eg Audirvana over UPnP to the Network Bridge or Roon when it incorporates this.

@danny has already said Roon will not charge for first unfold so one can gather that it will be in Roon at some point.

The Network Bridge is going through MQA certification now and if they have no issues with it then weā€™ll put it through a final verification pass and release it. No comment on specific timing, but Iā€™m comfortable saying ā€œsoon.ā€

This release will include the MQA core decoding functionality as well as a number of general bugfixes. USB audio output has been broken off into a separate release so that we can do more testing without holding up MQA or bugfixes. Weā€™re testing the USB audio build now and are anticipating release in June.

That is GREAT news Andrew.
Iā€™m glad to hear the MQA and USB audio will be separate.

Thanks,
Joe

in June of this year?

Apparently youā€™re familiar with the software developerā€™s trick of being specifically non-specific :smiley:

Yes, June of 2018 (Gregorian Calendar).

I have a test build now and itā€™s working well. Couple of glitches to iron out, but Iā€™m optimistic.

UPDATE

Iā€™m pleased to report that MQA has signed off and we will start our final verification process this week. Please keep in mind that our verification takes a LONG TIME as we attempt to test every functional permutation over extended periods. I donā€™t want to speculate a date, but itā€™s going to be soon.

Trust me, no one wants this out the door more than I do!

4 posts were split to a new topic: Roonā€™s MQA features with dCS products

Releasing tomorrow:

Please use the linked thread for questions or issues with the update.