Any way to make Roon work with Naim NAC-N 272?

Love my Naim kit, love the look of Roon… can only really get nice integration to the NAC-N using Spotify (no high res), Linn Kazoo sort of works (one track at a time)… is there a way? or hope? Best, P

Naim are working on some kind of Roon integration, but we don’t know what or when.

Sonore has released an update for its products that may allow Roon to stream via UPnP

I have a SuperUniti and use a Raspberry Pi with Hifiberry digi+ and the sound is comparable Naim streaming directly. Once you use Roon you cannot really go back to what is effectively a DOS interface when streaming UPnP.

SJB

Or whether it will apply to existing products, my guess is it will only be the new Linux based ones that will get Roon Readyness.

SJB.

I know what you mean, but they are not comparable.
Pi: The Pi produces i2s and sends it to the daughter board via board to board connectors, the daughter board reclocks the i2s signal (hopefully), isolates it (doubtful), converts it to SPDIF, sends it down a cable with two connectors that don’t meet the 75ohm spec, the DAC receives SPDIF and converts it back to i2s. There are a lot a steps where jitter is added and you need a decent PS for the daughter board.
UPNP: Naim likely receives an asynchronous Ethernet signal and converts it to i2s with on board clean power and proper clocking.

SONORE computer audio - Rendu | microRendu | Sonicorbiter SE

Hopefully your new software will allow Naim users experience Roon more easily. Please let us know when it is confirmed or otherwise, as I’ve been a bit of a Roon evangelist on the Naim forum and would be delighted to pass this news on.

I use an optical connection which perhaps needs one less step from your description and what I mean by comparable is that to me there is nothing in the sound I’m getting that makes me want to revert to UPnP for serious listening.

Having said that the SuperUniti is not my main system so others mileage may vary.

SJB.

Today a customer reported that the Naim Unitiqute was working with the SonoreUPNP Bridge. If you can pass that information along that would be great.

I saw that on CA but he was using iPeng and squeezebox to control it , so it can’t have been Roon.

What we need to see is the Roon remote playing to a Naim device. ( and what device it shows up as?)

SJB

The two servers are completely interchangeable.