Anyone having issues with the Roon 1.7 sound? White noise mixed with music

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC with ROCK OS version 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NUC to SCHIIT EITR using curious cable USB connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

SCHIIT EITR -> Von Gaylord DAC -> Von Gaylord Preamp -> SCHIIT Aegir power amp -> Audiophysic tempo 4 speakers

Description Of Issue

I updated my NUC to the latest version day before yesterday night but didnt get a chance to listen. Now this saturday morning I turned everything on and all I am hearing is a loud unpleasant garbage white noise mixed with the music. First I thought I blew my speakers. Then I connected my CD player and sounds beautiful and no issues. Tried my roon playlist again, same issue.

My DAC only decodes 16 bits and a max of 48 Khz so on the SCHIIT device advance settings I set the max sample rate as 48 Khz and max bits per sample as 16. Hope this is not an issue (I have been using these same settigs for the past few months)

Hi @Roon_Superuser,

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup and a screenshot of the Signal Path when playing content to this device?

If you play to a different endpoint is there any change or do you hear the same noise?

@dylan here you go

@dylan sorry issue fixed. It was the schiit eitr that was the culprit. I re-started it and everything seems to work fine.

2 Likes

Hi @Roon_Superuser — I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones: