Anyone Here Catch the CoronaVirus?

No, but work business continuity planning has been ongoing for the last two weeks. On Monday, we were all told to work from home until further notice. This avoids whole teams having to be isolated if one team member gets the virus. Work is underway to enhance the work VPN, which was barely up to the task before we were all sent home. A few long standing network bottlenecks have been removed to make life easier. All meetings are now via Microsoft Teams software, which works well.
I’m in the UK and today really felt like the first day the country took this seriously. Disappointed that the Six Nations rugby and F1 were cancelled but it is for the common good.

1 Like

Just as we were ordered to work from home my phone line went down with an external fault. We are borrowing next door’s WiFi until we are fixed.

I hope everybody doesn’t start working from Starbucks.

1 Like

Indeed, that would somewhat defeat the purpose :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I get sick, I’ll stay at home, of course.

I’ll never enter a hospital again, for anything.

1 Like

The only virus I got recently was the unrelenting desire to upgrade all my AV equipment, which there is no known cure. On a side note. All be safe out there and take coming sense precautions. We will all get through this.

Most, maybe not all.

Sadly, I think the majority of spread is coming from asymptomatic infected. The current data has shown that there is a probably a 2-4 day window where there are no symptoms yet people are infectious.

1 Like

Yup. True. Unfortunately natural selection and Darwin really come into play.

1 Like

One of my favorite quotes from a treatise describing the clinical course of a patient who had inadvertently poisoned himself:
“Despite intensive medical treatment, the patient survived.”

3 Likes

What better way to spend our self-imposed quarantine than listening to high resolution music using Roon.

5 Likes

My daughter in law has flu symptoms and her roommate just got back from international travel. She was over at my place and did laundry and didn’t tell us she was sick, so my wife and I are being very cautious. I live in the US in Oregon, and there is no way for my daughter in law to get tested, so we are all just hoping for the best. My son lives in a Seattle and has been very cautious, but it is only a matter of time.

1 Like

South Africa hasnt really woken up, as usual. Malls are still booming , i think

It’ll be alright on the night attitude, it happens to everybody else

Personally i have cancelled my 70th birthday trip to South America, stopped the Estate Agent bring potential buyers to the house

Light exercise , good diet and avoid everybody , fortunately we can

Yes i am selfish but at 69.7 who blames me

Keep well all

2 Likes

Heard the King (Dalindyebo) had a bad day… @mike_O_neill

Fortunately king of a bit of bush …

There are loads of local tribal heads , going back for years. He is King of Swaziland , a small country not part of SA, he has no impact on SA

He has only just been released from prison for his last assault charges

What was the phrase Africa is Not For Cissies

I am a UK immigrant of 24 years

Never mess with a guy swinging an axe… :grinning:

Things are moving quick here in the US. Everyday is seems like a new step is being taken.

1 Like

In Australia the government have banned gatherings of over 500 people, not really sure how they will police it and why the number 500?

I felt like a fool at our local supermarket yesterday I went in to buy some ingredients for a curry I was making and the place was packed with people panic buying. The pasta, rice, canned tomatoes, toilet paper and wipes sections were empty as were a few others. People were queuing to get into the car park and the queues at the registers were insane.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but doesn’t the influenza virus kill just as many people every year? Although it seems incredible what has happened in Italy.

The stores are insane here too. I needed some chicken for dog food, and the Trader Joe’s I was at could have been closed by the Fire Marshall for shoppers over capacity…shelves were ripped.

Not sure if anyone has posted this link yet:

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html?fbclid=IwAR06HU0-8OIhSyCc8oYopD6RYP6joL-265AbqqgGN4VYcEPk98YXPxS4LFI#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

2 Likes

That global view doesn’t show below a country level for the majority of countries; i.e. give totals per state/dependency. For our Dutch readers, here’s the breakdown per gemeente:

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/cfc2084c995c40e7ae72254029bf6251

2 Likes