Anyone using Roon with Sonore ultraDigital?

If using a Naim DAC, you will be fine with DDCs that can do up to PCM192 and DSD64 for hi res material. So the UltraDigital will be fine and, given the DAC’s sample rate limitations (first world problem!), there’s no real need to opt for a Singxer SU-1 or Matrix X-SPDIF2 in search of very high sample rates.
Sometimes I miss my good ‘ol Naim DAC! :thinking:

1 Like

I am. I can confirm that you can’t go wrong! The marriage is made in heaven. Sound quality and ease of use and setup are top shelf! With the UD in my system, I can now easily take advantage of I2S in my DAC. Sound is great! Make sure you match it with a quality Power Supply from Small Grann Computer.

Cheers :grinning:

Thanks Thomas,

What DAC are you using with I2S? PS Audio?

I am using the UD with Roon and the UR and it works fantastic. I am using the I2S output. This is a matching pin-out as PS Audio uses. Get one, you cant go wrong. It smokes USB! IMHO :innocent:

No, I am using the Wyred4Sound Dac 2 DSDse Anniversary Dac. It pairs with Sonore and Roon perfectly!

Cheers;

1 Like

I have the same setup as part of my system.

Microrendu>ultradigital>W4S DAC-2v2SE 10th anniversary (i2s)

Looks like that DAC isn’t available anymore. I see it got great reviews…especially with the i2s connection.

Wow. Thanks. Do you know if they allow at-home trials?

Nevermind. I see they have a 14 day trial. But if you don’t buy the product they charge you 5% of the retail price. Seems a bit risky.

I picked up a complete Sonore optical bundle a little over a year ago. Very happy with it.