Anything related to tidal takes for ever to load

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

windows 10 lastest update, latest roon update installed on same machine

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

netgear cax80 router/modem ethernet connected

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

system device and rme adi 2 dac usb connection

Description Of Issue

upon startup it takes tidal about a minute or two to connect and load into library

when starting a track it takes a minute or two to start playback, once playback is started tracks from the same album load and play just fine but there will be a delay when the next album starts

on roon radio there will sometimes be a delay when loading the next track

tracks played from my local machine have no issues loading/playing

what is the internet speed like speedtest.net / fast.com

have you restarted the main modem/router/switches in the network and the core machine too?

Thanks for the reply.

I have gig speed cable; with speedtest I usually get around 900mbps, with fast.com I usually get around 250mbps. The fast.com speeds are weird, I’m not sure what’s going on there.

I had tried restarting modem/router and computer multiple times but the problem persisted.

What’s strange about all this is that about 40min after I posted my problem on here everything started working well again. I update my nvidia graphics driver and restarted my computer shortly after posting. I then went and had some dinner. When I came back I tried resuming play in roon and it started up in just a second or so. Not sure why this changed, seems pretty random. But maybe there was some weird issue with the last install of the graphics driver? I don’t know.

Anyway, again thanks for your reply and help. If this problem comes back I will post anything support thread.

2 Likes

Hi @daedalusman,

Thanks for letting us know that this issue resolved itself, if it ever reoccurs, please just let us know and we can take another look, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.