Apogee Duet 2 is disconnecting from Roon

I am having a problem getting Roon to work with my Apogee Duet 2:

No matter what audio output setting I use (I have tried every combination), and no matter what media I am playing (streaming or local files, various formats, various sample rates), the Duet will suddenly disconnect in the middle of playing. Sometimes it happens immediately, sometimes it happens after a few songs. The Duet itself actually reboots, and Roon asks me to select a new Audio Zone.

Roon is otherwise stable with my other DACs, and the Duet is otherwise stable with my other audio programs (except that it doesn’t seem to be supported by Audirvana :frowning: ). I initially thought the issue was with the Apogee Duet so I actually got it refurbished by the manufacturer, but the problem remains with the “good as new” unit.

I’m running the latest version of Roon (1.1 build 70) on a mid-2015 15" MacBook Pro, on OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. 16 GB of RAM, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 processor.

Please advise?

I would try it on a different computer system. It maybe something on that particular system is having an issue.