App stutters for artists with hundreds of albums

If it’s the album art causing the issue wouldn’t it be as simple as providing an option to not display it?
I’m not going to solve your issue, I’m glad you’re aware of it. Hopefully you’re able to fix it.

Also, @danny if you’re not going to watch the videos please let me know so I can pull them down.

We watched them – thanks @Johnseye.

That’s odd. YouTube is telling me there were no views. I’ll pull them.

weird indeed, we watched them a few times.

no, it’s the sheer number of albums how they are formatted on that screen. the browsers have no problems, but this screen has more dynamic layout.

Danny, in the future release when this is unified, will it be the phone or tablet UI that is used?

These changes are still in the design phase so we’ve got a ways to go here, but when they do go live they’ll be a real overhaul of both form factors, not just a porting of one to the other.

1 Like

Thanks Mike. Hopefully my experience and input helps to make Roon a better product.

1 Like

Absolutely, we really appreciate the feedback.

@mike and @danny how is your UI redesign coming? It’s been some time. Is it still on your roadmap?

Thanks

Yes, it is.

As usual, impossible to provide timelines for this kind of thing, but we’ve been actively working on these changes, and the issues described in this thread are absolutely something we’re thinking about as the designs come together.

I’m happy to say that after waiting 3 years this issue is finally gone. On Android tablets I can now scroll through my extensive collection of Dead shows without it stuttering or freezing. This release must be the UI redesign brought up long ago. Thank you for this. I am also a fan of all the other aspects of the new UI. Well done.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.