Apple HomePod Stereo Pair Support

Good news, I don’t think the fix has been covered nearly as much as the problem when it existed.
If you enjoy them More because of this even better :+1:

1 Like

Just received a pair of the new Homepod 2s yesterday. Is there a direct way to play them now as a stereo pair without the DSP or iPhone endpoint workarounds?

I haven’t been able to add them as a stereo pair to Roon and I can’t play them as a stereo pair using AppleTV as the endpoint. Everything is 16.3 on the Apple side.

I just setup mine and they seem to be playing a stereo image after just grouping them. You have to enable each one individually, then group them. I loaded a stereo test song from Roon and it appropriately played just the left or right channel during the test. I can’t say anything for quality or stability yet!

Edit: However, another and maybe easier path is to use Roon ARC and then Airplay to them, if you don’t want to mess around with Roon setup.

1 Like

I will try this. My stereo pair grouped when selected grays out the play button in Roon. My fix is to set Roon to system output (my mac) and connect my mac system to the stereo paired homepods. Works fine.