Networking Gear & Setup Details

ASUS router wired and wifi.

Connected Audio Devices

MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max via wifi

Number of Tracks in Library

<10000

Description of Issue

@support

I had this same issue on a prior update. For me I have not been able to start Roon and have it update to the current version. I have to go to the website and download Roon for Mac and install it over the current version. I see that it starts to download but never moves more then 1/10 of the progress bar and then will give the error message in the 2nd image.

I want to make sure that you are aware of this issue and if there is something I can do to fix it please direct me to it.

Thank you

Close down your Roon remote (mac) and download from here

Install the downloaded file.

Tor_Gunnar_Berland,

Thank you, this is what I have done for last 2 updates. I just want to make sure it is known that this happens and for me the only Roon remote that does this runs on the MacBook Pro with the M1 processor. Macs with Intel and all my PC’s Win10/11 will update when I open the app.

Hi @Matthew_Beckstrom ,

If you still see this issue after our next Roon release, can you please use these instructions to access your Roon logs on the affected Mac, upload a set here and let us know? Thanks!

https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

Hi @noris ,

I have no problem uploading these if I see any issues with new release. Just so I am clear on what the request is, what logs would you want? Mac, Nucleus, or both?

I have a M1 MAC Mini for my Core and an MAC Mini 2012 for my Server (where my Music files are) and all updates have gone fine for me. FYI…

Hi @Matthew_Beckstrom ,

Did you experience the issue after our latest release? It looks like the issue happens on your Mac, so Mac logs would be the most useful for debugging, thanks!

@noris
I have not had a crash yet on any of my Macs yet. I was also away for 5 days so I might not have a large amount of use since I returned and updated to 913 Stable build. I will run on both my Intel Macs and M1 systems and see if I get any crashes. If you want me to run and send logs regardless just let me know if you want it from both architectures or a specific one. I will notify you and upload logs if I do experience a crash but I haven’t been looking at the logs for errors unless it crashed.

Only issue I have noticed so far is on the M1 mac and that is a separate issue with upgrading to new verision fails and I have to download from the website and install over existing.

Matthew Beckstrom

1 Like

Hi @Matthew_Beckstrom ,

Thanks for the update here, no need to send logs unless the issue reoccurs. If it does reoccur, then yes, please do let us know and send logs, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.