Apple Music (i.e., iTunes) playlist paths differ from Roon's paths

Hey @phantomtides,

Thanks so much for following up on your post. Please know that even if I haven’t replied (so sorry about the lack of transparency), I’ve been trying to help by connecting with our teams and asking for their help.

Please, bear with us just a little longer. You will hear back from us soon, hopefully with advice that will take you a few steps forward :nerd_face:

Thanks for the reply, @beka. I appreciate the efforts. I look forward to hearing from you. If you’re in the US, happy Thanksgiving!

2 Likes

I’m having this exact issue, Roon on NAS, music files on NAS, Apple Music from Mac - I am watching with interest.

1 Like

Hello @phantomtides ,

Thank you for your patience here while we’ve had a chance to look into this further.

I spoke to the team regarding this one and we believe the main issue here is that the Library.XML file is missing and instead you have a different XML file imported.

Can you please try to Open Music App → File → Export Library and put this XML in the Watched folder MAINSTREAM ?

This file contains info about iTunes playlists and the path to files in the library. Then XML playlists import should be enabled in Storage → Watched Folder → Edit, if it’s not enabled already.

Please, keep in mind that every time you change the contents of your Music App library, (e.g updating a playlist), this procedure should be repeated: Export a new Library.xml → Replace the old one in the watched folder.

Let us know if this clarification helps resolve the issue, thank you.

2 Likes

Hi,

I can confirm that Export Library from the Music App to the watched folder works. All playlists are now displayed in Roon.

However, having to repeat this process each time new music is added to the Music App is far from convenient.

2 Likes

Apologies, @noris, for the late reply. Yes, it now works. It’s strange because I didn’t see an option to export the entire library from the Music app before. I swear I had tried it many times, but I assume that was user error nonetheless. Thanks for the time you’ve spent on this. It’s not ideal, but given the limitations Apple imposes by using a proprietary-format library file, it seems reasonable. Thanks again.

1 Like

Glad to hear that resolved the issue @phantomtides !
Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!

@noris Grazie, amico! Buone vacanze anche a te! :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.