Apple Watch Support?

Wow. I meant this rather as a joke…

Really guys, why not use the smartphone for that?
Afaik you need an iphone with your iwatch anyways…

yep, the smartphone (hold the app) and the watch only control play/pause next Track

Out running, or on the bike, the phone is safely stowed, but I can always reach across to my left wrist…

1 Like

Something like iPeng for Apple Watch is probably what OP wants.

You can use Remote Buddy with your Mac to control Roon with the behaviour (RB speak for “configuration”) I made. Remote Buddy has an iOS app with a watchOS counterpart which acts as a remote control.

Great app which I recommend to any Mac user. It’s a mouse, keyboard, remote and VNC client. Haven’t really used the watch app much, but here’s a screenshot of it controlling Roon:

You can read about it more here and download my behaviour.

1 Like

Have a look at Zoneplay’s Apple Watch UI.

Why not on google googles ?
(joke)

I would love to see a basic skip/volume and even a mute/pause option…when a call comes in too

2 Likes

I used apple watch with itunes. Why not with roon? A good idea.

4 Likes

I’d like to see Apple Watch integration, too.

5 Likes

Because, when you need to talk to someone over your loud music,instead of pulling your phone out of your pocket, opening the app, and clicking pause, you can touch the app on your wrist. It won’t rock your world but is an extra bit of convenience.

What I think we need is Tim Cook to explain it. Remember when he said how Apple Pay is so much better? Instead of pulling out your wallet, finding your credit card, and having to swipe it. You can just use your phone. It does not get any better than that is what Tim said. In reality is saves two seconds and only if you already have your phone in your hand. I think that is what people want from a Roon watch app. Just the bit more ease of use for a couple of key functions.

1 Like

Everything we do today would appear to be silly to someone looking at our “needs and requirements” from the 1980s, yet here we are.

It has nothing to do with talking to people or avoidance therein. When I’m on travel, my iPhone is physically tethered to my Chord Hugo 2 via a short USB/CCK cord, and to control play/pause/next functionality is much easier from the Apple Watch than retrieving the Hugo 2/iPhone combo and navigating the iPhone’s screen.

I would love to have Apple Watch support as well. Especially since I have used it for a long time on LMS + iPeng combo and then later on Tidal.
It actually already works if using my iPhone as endpoint, so I really don’t think it should be very complicated to make it work on controlling other zones.

3 Likes

Another vote for Apple Watch support

4 Likes

Realised yesterday I also want watch support while floating in the pool and wanting to bump the volume and skip. Eventually did it with the bluos app (using my node 2).

1 Like

I vote for a good mobile solution before integrating with watches.

2 Likes

I am quite satisfied with just using Tidal for mobile, so mobile integration has no priority if you as me.
I would rather have watch functionality.
But I suspect that we do not get watch integration for the same reasons that we have no lock screen functionality (Xamarin does not suport it)

I’ve had an Apple Watch 4 since Christmas, and love the simplicity of the app for music that works for some apps that run through my iPhone. The watch lists basic track info, skip forward or skip back, and volume. For most cases that his all I need and I soon realized what a pain it is to pick up the phone every time I want to do the same thing. Roon should have this watch functionality too. I think where it gets tricky is Roon might be playing using an iPad or a different zone. That is a little more complicated as the watch really only integrates with the phone. That is probably the key issue that would need to be resolved.

4 Likes

Another vote for Apple Watch support in Roon 1.7 please!

5 Likes

Apple Watch support is long overdue. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if Plex offers it first…

1 Like