AppleTV as Display

Do this and I am signing up for lifetime straight away!

1 Like

Awesome idea. Realize it, Roon! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I hope to see more Display options!

3 Likes

Another vote for an Apple TV app!

3 Likes

This is very nice!
@support This display functionality on the Atv really sounds like a quick win!

1 Like

Very very good!
And also please incorporate some “anti-burn in” measures !

1 Like

@Lucho - could you please give some more details of what you did to get the Roon “app” in the video above? I’m guessing it’s the tvos browser installed through xcode and then what?? Never used Xcode but going to give this a try and any more info would be very useful.

Roon… please make a native AppleTV app happen, it would be really great.

1 Like

Yes, yes and yes !

Yes, it’s the tvOS app from few posts above. It’s well explained in the link what are the step necessary to install it on the AppleTV.

Don’t remember all of the modifications i’ve made but on the of my mind are: set the homepage to your local Roon address; made the app to always run in fullscreen mode and removed all of the icons and menus; told the app to prevent the screensaver from running and change the name and the icon.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you don’t have paid developer account from Apple (100$ per year) you will have to rebuild the app every week otherwise it will expire and won’t work.

Please make this simple App for apple TV!

1 Like

maybe I don’t get the problem, but if you have a mac you can just mirror your screen to your apple tv and use a wireless mouse!

We want to use what is known as a 10’ display, not needing to use keyboard/mouse just the Apple remote

2 Likes

@Lucho - thanks for your suggestions. I was able to build the same app for my AppleTV following your suggestion and it works very nicely :grinning:

1 Like

Would definitely love to see a native Apple TV app as well here.

2 Likes

Hey Lucho,

Did you happen to fork the project on Github with your changes? I’m a bit rusty with Xcode, but can probably make some of the changes. I also have a developer account; I can sign the app bundle so it won’t expire on my Apple TV.

Thanks!

I’m not really a developer myself, so i wasn’t even aware i could do this. I will be away from home in the next few weeks, but when i’m back i could try to fork it.

1 Like

Sounds good. I’m willing to help as much as I can. I think the main changes are:

• Always runs in fullscreen / no navigation
  • No refresh button on fullscreen
  • Custom app icon and launch image (I’ve already made a Roon icon with parallax effects I could share)

Really excited about this little project!

5 Likes

I would dearly love to see Roon displayed on my AppleTV in much the same way as it does for my Chromecast device… pretty please with sugar on top!?

3 Likes

Would really love a native tvos app!

1 Like

Would you like it just for display purposes? Or something more like fully functioning Roon like on iPadOS?