Applying library settings running for literally weeks!

Roon Server Machine

Intel NUC ‎BNUC11TNHI70000 - Core i7
Crucial RAM 16GB Kit (2x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz CL17 Laptop Memory CT2K8G4SFS824A
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-V7S250BW)
Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-77Q8T0)
ROCK Roon server v 2.0 Build 1353 - latest version

Networking Gear & Setup Details

BT Hub 6
All key items are ethernet wired

Connected Audio Devices

Nad M33
Windows 10 PC

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Applying library settings running for literally weeks :slightly_frowning_face:

I migrated Roon from Synology NAS to the ROCK a couple of months back, all was working well. Untill 2 (maybe 3) weeks back I had problem getting an album identified and I had the apparently not so bright idea to adjust the library import settings. I changed the artist/composer delimieter setting from just “;” to “; , &”. I thought this would only affect new albums added, but presumably it has caused the whole library to be reassessed somehow since the ROCK has been running hard ever since (the fan has been audible) and ROON has been showing the circle going around and “Applying library settings” ever since - like I say this has now been at least 2 weeks, maybe 3, things have been busy since and I’ve lost track.

After so long I’m left wondering what to do. Should I just wait? Should I change the settings back? Should I restart the Nuc?

It is an unfortuate reality that I do not have a backup of the library from just before the change of the import settings, but I do have one from when I migrated to the Nuc/Rock back in September - although I have added and edited several dozen albums since then.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Hi @Chris_Plant,

Thanks for writing in, and I’m so sorry to hear about the mix-up!

Restoring from your last backup would indeed be the best next step in this case, unfortunately.

Is your last database on your previous server newer than the last backup you have available? That could potentially be another option.

Hello Benjamin. Thank you for your reply. I started yesterday somewhat disapointed that a further 7 days had passed since I’d submitted my request for support, and not only was the “applying librabry settings” very much still in evidence but I’d not recived any reply. But what a difference a day can make. Your suggestion was pretty much what I feared. But before resorting to that I noticed that Build 1357 was available so with little to lose I installed that and to my very pleasent surpirse the “applying librabry settings” ceased once the install completed. I can only hope that my library has been left in good order, I’ve not thus far noticed any obvious issues, so fingers crossed it seems that either something specific in Build 1357 resolved my problem, ir at least the act on installing an update reset something.Fingers crossed all is now well. Best wishes for the holidays. Chris

1 Like

Hey @Chris_Plant,

That certainly is good news! If things are looking good, I would make a fresh backup to be safe - just in case.

I’ll also keep this thread open incase you run into any additional questions/ issues along the way. :+1: